The Pilot School is an incredible place to work. We are always looking for innovative, curious professionals who can bring energy and enthusiasm to whatever they do. With state-of-the-art facilities, a robust support team, a commitment to excellence, and a love of teamwork, Pilot faculty and staff have much longer than average career spans at the school. Our students benefit from the wisdom and experience of our teaching corps, and we constantly strive to push ourselves to new horizons.
As an organization dedicated to unlocking the potential of each and every one of our students, The Pilot School recognizes the necessity for a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community. As such, the Pilot School is an equal opportunity employer and committed to being a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. Our employment decisions and personnel policies do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
At this time, The Pilot School is accepting applications for the following:
The Communications Associate is responsible for the management of the school’s primary communications functions, including ongoing internal and external communications. The CA manages the school’s social media accounts and postings and its weekly newsletters to families. In coordination with the Director of Development and Communications and the Head of School, the CA maintains the school’s brand and messaging.
Reports to: Director of Development and Communications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and carry out the school’s mission and culture
- Independently execute the school’s brand in written and visual modalities
- Photograph happenings around campus
- Create original content for the school’s social media pages, including pre-planned campaigns and sharing of day-to-day events
- Design on-brand, original graphics and flyers
- Effectively communicate important news and updates to families and constituents
- Demonstrate professionalism in attitude, attendance, behavior, and work habits
- 3+ years experience with communications and/or public relations
- Familiarity with Canva, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, MailChimp
- Keen eye for photography and design
- General comfort with technology and ability to learn new platforms quickly
- Excellent written communication skills with both conventional English and social-media appropriate language
- Ability to collaborate and activity contribute to a positive work culture
This is a part-time position (10-20 hours per week) that has the potential to grow into a larger role. Please submit your cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experienced Substitute Teachers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education required.
- Teaching experience in an early childhood or elementary classroom.
- Must have excellent communication skills, and a deep commitment to children with learning differences.
- Current clearances or willingness to obtain clearances including State of Delaware Criminal Background clearance and DE Child Abuse clearance.
- Please submit your cover letter with resume to email@example.com.
Teacher Residency Program at Relay Graduate School of Education
The Pilot School is a residency location for teacher candidates enrolled in Relay Graduate School’s Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) program. For those interested in teaching who have not yet earned a degree in education, this program provides an opportunity to learn as you work. We invite you to learn more about the program and the prospective student page. If Relay GSE feels like a good fit for you, please complete this interest form which shall initiate communications about the application process.
The Pilot School provides equal opportunity to all otherwise qualified applicants/students and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color/religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or other protected status, The school will make reasonable accommodation(s) of a disability so long as the accommodations do not present an undue hardship to the school.